Monday, June 11, 2007

Palm Treo Attaching GPRS Problem Solution


Palm Treo Attaching GPRS Problem Solution
Originally uploaded by docfiles.

I am the 24 hour tech support technician for my mother who has a Treo 650. Now the Treo is great and allows her to check her email...she gets more mail than me...I get spam! Anyway after using her GPRS connection without a problem for months, suddenly it cannot connect and comes up with a message saying " Attaching GPRS "

It then never connects.

OK here is the solution.

1. Delete any copies of your Network connection eg/ Diginet, Copy of Diginet

Go to Prefs-Connection-Network

2. Make sure its not a Network problem

3. Download Reset Netlib by Daniel Grobe

http://www.nekito.net/~dgsachs/palm/

Download Netlib

Install this excellent freeware application and run it by clicking on it.

Soft reset your device.

Works for me, no more late night calls...for now.

2 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article as for me. I'd like to read a bit more concerning this topic. The only thing I would like to see on that blog is a photo of any device.

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Sushant A said...

I had the same issue on my treo 650 - reinstalling the phone didnt fix it.

Then I called up the telco - seems they had disabled the GPRS subscription when i had asked for a change of plan. Fixed :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Health Blog Top Sites