Sunday, June 10, 2007

Inspiration : SolarThermal Renewable Energy

http://www.dyxum.com/columns/photoworld/fundamentals/lens_abberations/sfoclengthEN.jpg
Image Source

You know I just had a brilliant idea for renewable energy and so I thought I'd share it with you. Generally solar panels that convert the sun's light to electricity are very expensive. But what if we simplify it?
You know how we use a magnifying glass to burn stuff (ants!), and how geothermal energy basically uses heat to turn water into steam to turn giant turbines.
So my idea is simple, use a giant magnifying glass (you could buy one cheap off the Hubble Telescope!) to focus the sunlight onto a large container of water. This will quickly produce heat and turn it into steam. Channel the steam to turn your turbines, using a dynamo to convert the movement to clean electricity.
Shall I coin the term Solarthermal energy? So will I make a million bucks out of it or is it a stupid idea?
Imagine having a few of these in a desert. You would have cheap energy!

Woops...after googling it, I just realised I reinvented the wheel...

Solarthermal Energy

1 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger CQ said...

hi there doc! excellent blog you have here. gives me much inspiration as i am aspiring to be a doctor myself. saw the link of this blog from Malaysian medical resource!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Health Blog Top Sites