Friday, May 05, 2006

New Casio Watch


New Casio Watch
Originally uploaded by doctorchan.
I am a digital watch nut. I love watches and yesterday I got myself this new watch that tells the time...yes it does, plus the tides and moon phase. It even tells the direction of north by the sun.

To set the tides you have to know the lumitidal value of Penang which is 0 and the latitude which is 100 degrees east.

It's also got this auto light switch which turns on the orange led when u flick yr wrist. I am definitely a watch nut.

3 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger The Yongs said...

I'm also into watches as well... Casio, Swatch, etc.. although I must admit that I have mellowed down somewhat after getting a matching pair (for my wife & me) of a titanium Citizen watch from Schipol airport in Holland. That was some 2 years ago... no watch since then. Maybe it's 'time' for a new watch? Ha ha ha...

Love your posts (minus gory pics) and visits them regularly. Do you blog from your PDA? I forgot...

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger TriStupe said...

dr. you should also check out the casio protrek series.

most come with barometer, altimeter and temperature sensor. top line comes with compass.

no battery required as it works using solar (no solar panel...the watch face itself is the cell!)

:D

go check it out!

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Patrick Soon said...

Thanks for the post. I've been needing to know how to calculate the LT for my casio GLX-5600. I found this post:

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/faq2.html#22

FAQ #7 is most helpful for setting local intervals. Is that how you calculated yours?

www.patricksoon.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Health Blog Top Sites