Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Treocentral Reviews the Treo 750v

Here is a good review of the latest Treo 750v by Treocentral. Imagine that, a Treo running Windows, but surprisingly the reviewer seems to like it.

Conclusion

I have a few pet peeves. The Calendar app is not up to snuff, the shutter lag on the camera seems worse than the 650. In ten seconds I could design a better button layout. And yes, sometimes you do have to click a bit more than you’d like.

Ultimately, those are minor issues. This is a great device and a huge step up from Palm OS devices. A few less clicks here and there are insignificant compared to the much more powerful suite of software, fast multitasking, and better user experience. ActiveSync and the ability to manipulate files from your computer are just two examples of how Windows Mobile is better suited to my needs.


In terms of form factor, I'm glad to see the antenna gone and I love that there's now a cover over the memory expansion slot. The device feels solid, though a bit heavy even with the ounce lost. I also love the soft feel of the new material. The device feels solid and, like all Treos, just plain feels great as a phone. However it is still big and clunky compared to some of the thin slick models out there. These small svelte smartphone edition phones can do e-mail, browse, and send multimedia messages. I had a workman help me do my signal strength test and he asked "Are you going to put wheels on that thing?"

I don't want to end the review on that note because the Treo runs circles around any other phone, no matter it's capabilities. Ultimately there are plenty of users who need to carry a mini office computer with them. For those of us who do, the Treo 750v is the best Treo to date - it's the one to beat.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Health Blog Top Sites