Sunday, March 15, 2009

Rich Maha : Nasi Kandar in Geelong

I have been hearing about this little Indian takeaway shop in Waurn Ponds in Geelong. Well I had the chance to try it out this afternoon. It is located behind the Apco gas station opposite the Waurn Ponds Coles supermarket.
I had the Nasi Briyani with mutton and it was quite authentic. The roti canai and roti tissue was also quite acceptable and probably as good as it gets in Geelong. Nasi Lemak was so so only as was the wadey. Teh tarik was spelt Teh Tare but I did not try it as I was stuffed.
The servings were generous and the average price was about 8-10 AUD per order. Recommended for those times you just gotta get your nasi kandar hit in Geelong.



















1 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've been to the original Rich Maha outlet along Burwood Highway in Melbourne. My brother tells me that the original owner is Malaysian (the "RM" on the menu is no coincidence). The food there DOES partially satisfy the urge to eat Malaysian Indian cuisine here in Victoria, but I felt that the canai and thosai were not authentic enough - too dough-ey and not enough AMI-inducing ghee, so the canai didn't have the fluffy texture. :-( Will certainly check out the Waurn Ponds outlet to compare the difference the next time we head out from Lorne!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Health Blog Top Sites