Monday, August 07, 2006

Macro Shots With the Dopod 838 Part 2


OK this is how to do it. First you need a suitable magnifying lens. You can get a small one cheaply but it should be about the size shown above.


Then the next step is just to attach it on top of the Wizard's camera lens. I use a 3 small pieces of Blue-Tac to attach it firmly. It can be removed without any hassle once you have no need of it.
Now all you have to do is bring the camera near to the macro object and snap the shot when it looks clear enough. How near depends on the power of your lens. I hope you find it useful.

6 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger TriStupe said...

must check see if it works on my SE750i as well...

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Doc said...

It should work with most cameras, it's just simple physics changing the focal point.

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks man! i will try that on my 6965

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger msspurlock said...

I'll tell you what else works really well for this: those pocket jeweler's loupes that fold up. I got one as a freebie from Canon. On my HP camera, it just lays on top by itself.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Cytusm said...

Good ideas and great pic. Thanks.

 
At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the power of the magnifier you use? Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Health Blog Top Sites