Sunday, August 06, 2006

Macro Shots With the Dopod 838 Part 1

I have made a modified lens that fits on the top of the normal lens which allows the Dopod 838 to take macro close up pictures. Here are some of the samples I took today. This first part shows a sample of the pictures I took using the Dopod 838 stock camera with the lens modification on 1.3MP superfine settings. I have also reset the brightness,contrast,hue etc. settings to normal.


A Longan Fruit


My Goldfish


A Water Meter


My Watch


My Dopod 838's stylus tip

My T-Shirt


Another Longan Fruit Picture


My Padlock


A Cactus Leaf with Babies




The modification is very simple and is meant for temporary close up snaps using the dopod camera. More details to come!

4 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks intresting indeed. I'm a dopod 838-owner myself and pretty satisified with it. Right now i'm trying to figure out how to backup my tasks in a good way before i do a full reset and memory-clear but i havn't figured it out yet. One thing that really bothers me with the operativsystem is that there's no 'save' or 'save as' function in the browser... sometimes it could be handy to be able to save a website... cheers mate. nice blog. / Tom in Bali / corise@gmail.com

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Longan fruits just own. We ate a lot of them on a train trip through Vietnam.

Anyway, It would be nice if you could show how close photos the camera can take _without_ the lens too. Just for a comparison.

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Doc said...

Good idea...but I just ate all my longans!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, just wonder if anyone could assist in telling how to conduct a full backup / restore for Dopod 838 Pro?

Regards,

THOMAS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Health Blog Top Sites