Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Working in Australia

Time flies and I have been already working here in Geelong for 2 months. It's a big change for me, working as a GP in Penang, and now as a registrar in a subacute Rehabilitation hospital called the Grace McKellar Centre. I guess if I was working in a hospital setting back in Malaysia, the change wouldn't be that much, just getting used to the system here. Work itself is not as hectic as in Malaysia, but it depends what department you are in. As usual the busy departments are the medical, emergency, surgical, paeds and O&G. But in rehabilitation, it's not bad. I work from 8am to 5.30pm from Monday to Friday with an afternoon off each week. I do a passive call about 2 weekly and a weekend call each 5 weeks or so. That is a lot less stressful than the crazy medical departments in Malaysia.
One big difference is the team approach to the patient, working closely with the nurses, physiotherapist, occupational therapist and social workers with regular team meetings. More to come...
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Health Blog Top Sites