Thursday, May 01, 2008

HTC Tytn II / Kaiser Slow GPS Fix and the SIRIM Sticker


I just got a Tytn II, yeeha. After the initial excitement I found that the camera is worse than my Dopod 838 Pro. Furthermore the GPS could not get a lock. I had read about the SIRIM reflective metal sticker interfering with the GPS signal. Some smart alec had stuck the stickers right over the GPS module.
At first I did not believe it would make a differenc, but after taking the plunge and removing the sticker, the GPS gets a fix pretty fast. Pretty weird. Unfortunately removing the sticker leave a VOID sign on the sticker, but if you keep the sticker you can fit it back exactly back if needed.
You can send it back to HTC and they will remove the sticker properly, probably using a hair dryer, but I do not have the time.

Now my GPS gets a lock within a minute in an open area. Great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Health Blog Top Sites