Monday, October 30, 2006

Improving the Treo 650 Camera : Macro Mod

Since I was using this handy modification on my previous Dopod 838 and XDA 2s, I decided to do it on my Treo 650 also. Basically I use a cheap small magnifying glass or jeweler's loupe temporarily fastened to the front of the camera lens when I want to take macro shots. I attach it using blue tac as it is easily removed and works very well.


Here is my RM$2 lens affixed to the Treo 650 by 2 small pieces of blue tac.

Another shot of the lens. You can use any small magnifying lens available.

Before and After Pictures

Here's the blurry picture of my Treo stylus...

And the sharper picture after the mod. No enhancements were made to the picture.


My blurry but trusty watch...

Is much sharper after the mod.

Here are some other macro pics I took with the Treo 650

















Hope you find this useful. It is a simple mod and doesn't look that great but the results speak for themselves. I like it as it allows me to take better pictures for my blog. Have a nice day!

8 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried it just too with a cheap plastic magnifying glas...and for macro-shots IT WORKS PERFECT. Thanks for this helpful idea!!!

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is cool...thanks for the tips!

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger akeys said...

good job..!! a new idea indeed..s

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Doc said...

Glad you guys like it

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW...cool man

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great way to improve those close up photos. I've been using the 'glasses' trick for a while, but you've inspired me to try the loupe on my Swiss Army knife. Thanks.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The pics looks nice indeed...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Health Blog Top Sites