Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Doc's Macro Mod Mk 2

Following my previous mod using a single lens for my PDA Phone, there was a suggestion that I could also use a jeweller's loupe. So I went looking for a small inexpensive loupe with 2 lenses. And it works like a charm. NowI have 3 focal lengths to choose from for different Macro shots. You can use each lens separately or combine them for even closer macro shots using your cell phone or pda.


Here is the lens. A jeweller's loupe. A cheap plastic one is inexpensive and easy to carry. This one has 2 lenses in built.


I love blue tac and use it to stick it to the mobile phone temporarily. A sliver of bluetac can be kept in the lens


Here is where I place the bluetac. As you can see the loupe has 2 lenses that swing out.


Secured temporarily to my pdaphone.


You can use 2 lenses together for double magnification.


Or just 1 lens.


Here it is in action taking a pic of my minisd card.


Here it is with the flash on.


A side profile.

So is it really worth all the effort and trouble? Here are the sample pics.



Here is a picture of my mini sd without the modification.


Here it is with 1 lens.


And here it is with the second lens. Clearer by far!


Once again a picture without the lens. Generally words are blurry.



And here it is with 1 lens. Very useful when you are taking words or business cards.

So there is it, a small tool which is basically reading glasses for your mobile camera. It can be used with any camera and the physics remain the same. Hope you find this useful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Health Blog Top Sites